Thursday, August 22, 2019

Bear BACK in Charge Blog #13.

Hello Blog World,
Welcome to the great wildflower hunt day 1.  Baxter here in charge of the blog.  Today, I am at the Dalles Mountain ranch in wine country in Washington state.
Dalles Mountain Ranch is an old ranch.  Now it's a state park and you can hike along the old ranch roads.  Lots of space to explore.  Let's go. 

Some sort of yellow flowers.  Let's get a closer look.
Looks like Balsam Root.   Can you see how windy it is?
Lupine is out.  It smells very fragrant, one roommate thinks it smells like lavender.
The Columbia River in the background and Mt. Hood.  What a great day.  
I bet this is what Jerry's garden is like.
Good thing this bear doesn't have any allergies.
I have to admit, it's hot today.  You know what would be refreshing?
Soft serve ice cream, hmm maybe a slurpee, or a big glass of ice tea.  I know, I know.  I will convince my roommates to take to Dairy Queen.

An ice cream sandwich all to myself?  This is the life.
Gotta eat my snack before it melts. 





4 comments:

  1. Beautiful prairie photos! Now, that ice cream sandwich sure looks awefully big for such a little bear...Jerry offers to help finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Good one Jerry This little bear finished the ice cream without any problems. Thanks for the offer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait... lupines? This is a seriously post-dated blog, isn't it? Nice photos by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos.. and a great way to finish the hike!

    ReplyDelete