Thursday, March 18, 2021

Spring has sprung

 Hiya Gang,

Little Fox here.  Patiently waiting for the sekrebearies to start this hike.  

My goal today is to find wildflowers.  The picture below is one of my favorite places to pose, it reminds me of senior pictures kids get when they graduate high school.  Is that a US thing or do they do that around the world? 

I am exploring the Catherine Creek area in Washington State.  This seasonal creek is flowing fast, I wonder if it's Catherine Creek?  Amazing, I have been coming here for 10+  years and never thought about if this is Catherine Creek. 
Flowers!  A fox sized flower, I believe it's a grass widow.  Of course this blog is terribly outdated, it's much more exciting to see these little flowers in February when this hike was taken. 
An old forest of Oregon White Oak (I know, in Washington but go with it). 
The Columbia River looks majestic today. 
Perhaps I can rent a boat and travel to the source of the Columbia in the Canadian Rockies at the aptly named Columbia Lake. 















7 comments:

  1. Spring??? flowers??? We still have some snow. Hopefully, it will melt soon. Jerry says he wants to plant some new seeds called Jelly Beans, but insists that he needs to sample several of them to make sure they are the right variety to grow in the garden...Ben is fairly skeptical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too....for everyones sake. I've heard that Jelly Beans are native plants of your home state. I got some marigold seeds, hoping that they grow.

      Delete
  2. Great hike Little Fox. Never heard of that wild flower - it looks quite pretty. Up here, our Skunk Cabbage is starting to bloom in the marshy areas... and the cherry trees are starting to blossom... oh... and dandelions too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grass widows are pretty small flowers, beary fragile. We took a road trip to the ocean and noticed that the skunk cabbage is blooming too. Interestingly, our cherry trees are going strong but the dandelions are almost over.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful hike as usual, LF! When is your hiking guide going to be published?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an excellent question, Ajdin. LF... any comments?

      Delete
    2. @Ajdin: A great idea. A book specifically for stuffie hikers.

      Delete