Tuesday, April 2, 2024

A trip up north.

 Hiya Gang,

Little Fox here and this week I'm taking my pals Cocoa and Navy Beanie up to a little community on the Puget Sound (Edmonds, WA).  Navy really liked this otter, he seemed like he would fit in w/ us stuffy crew. 

I certainly ordered some nice weather for my friends vacation. 
The Puget Sound is so pretty.  On a clear day you can also see the Olympic Mountains in the background.
A popular transportation mode is the private boat.  Of course, I'm a land loving fox so no private boat for us.
This is the second best option to travel around the sound.  Washington State Ferries.  The ferries take you everywhere around the sound and up into Canada as well. 
Spring flowers are the best. 
Tulips, Cocoa Beanie and flamingos.  How can you go wrong. 
Storm is coming in....time to get back. 
Along the way we came across the old Edmonds High School. The original high school was from 1909, this addition happened as a public works project during the depression.  
Looks a little Art Deco but it's actually Art Moderne.  It's similar to Art Deco but the difference is that Art Moderne accentuates vertical lines, sleek surfaces, and flat roofs.  Art Deco is more horizontal lines and geometric designs. Art Deco has it's roots in France and Art Moderne has it's roots in the United States.
Of course, now I have to find some more Art Moderne buildings. In fact, one of the good examples is in my hometown.  This is the interior staircase of the Canada Dry Bottling Plant in Portland. I have to admit it's a darn cool staircase.

Outside of bottling plant.
Where should I take my visitors next? 


















1 comment:

  1. Excellent adventure. Edmonds us almost a clear line-of-sight to us. And that is a cool building. Interesting difference between art deco and art moderne. You are being an excellent tour guide!

    ReplyDelete