Monday, August 21, 2017

Exploring the 1950s.

Last week as I was exploring around the park I found some cool things.  I learned there were pioneer barbers and I also learned about some of the statuary from the 1950s.  I decided to take a walk and try to find some more 40s, 50, and 60s artwork.

Historian's would say this little motel is a "mid century jewell" while I look at it and say "Yup from the 50s".
Of course in the 50s they didn't have a light rail track in the middle of the street as we do now.
Nice day, eh?
Up next on my 1950s tour is the Palms, no not the fancy place in Vegas.  I will say they have a cool sign.
I wasn't there at night but I did find a picture of it lit up.  Pretty cool. 
According to a blog I read about it the owner is really nice and is thinking of adding more neon monkeys to the sign.  That's my kind of motel owner.  Perhaps a neon fox would add a touch of class to the sign?

I found also found this sign today on my excursions. Looks like it's from the same era.
All this running around has made me hungry.  I didn't bring any Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches so I should probably go out and eat.  Ah, this place looks perfect!
I wonder if they have chicken?

6 comments:

  1. A fox on the sign would work, but it would have to have a tropical theme. Do you have a grass skirt and a lei with you, by any chance?...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point......a tropical fox....I like that. Perhaps I should schedule a trip to the Caribbean or Hawaii to research this idea.

      Delete
  2. Cool neon sign! Maybe your seKretary could order a large Little Fox neon sign for the top of your roof??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great and since we don't have an HOA I think I can convince them to do that. Do you know anyone who works in neon?

      Delete
  3. Cool! I saw a show... let's see... they made neon sides for a home renovation somewhere in England. Hmm... guess that won't help. Mind you, I would imagine Vegas must have some neon sign maker/repairers around. I like the idea of a fox in a grass skirt!

    ReplyDelete