Thursday, February 28, 2019

LL Stub Stewart Hike

Hello Blog Pals,
What a nice day for a hike.  It's I, Little Fox and my hiking companion Sequoia waiting for my roommate to get things set up for our hike.  It's a nice day (cold) but sunny and you can see I am soaking up lots of vitamin D. 


I am at LL Stub Stewart State Park.  LL was a lumber company owner (he was the shortest person in his high school and college classes hence the nickname "stub"). and a representative to Oregon's legislature and volunteered on the Oregon State Parks board for over 40 years.   
I wonder if LL Stub Stewart was ever confused with another famous LL?  LL Cool J. 
Enough talk.  Sequoia is ready to go. 
This sign could offer more detail.  It just says "Trail".  
Looks like I am heading to a place called "Unfit Settlement" I wonder why it's unfit?
Well, this is it. Unfit Settlement certainly seems unfit for this fox.  There wasn't much online about who claimed it as a settlement, why they felt it was unfit, and what was it unfit for? 
A nice little view of the coast range from unfit settlement. 
Ah, back on the trail and to my final destination.....lunch. 




5 comments:

  1. Speaking of lunch, what did you have? Such questions are beary important!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A big sub sandwich and a cookie to top off lunch

      Delete
  2. Huh... it sounds intriguing... Unfit Settlement... but now I'm curious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I googled Unfit Settlement a few weeks ago. Not too much about it online which is odd to me being that it's kind of an unusual name..

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice hike! When is your hiking guide coming out?

    ReplyDelete