Thursday, September 19, 2019

Treat yourself (aka the lost Sandy blog #1)

**Note: Yes, this blog is out of place.....hence the title the lost Sandy blog #1. I have had a few choice words with my sekrebeary but when they work for peanuts what do you expect?


Baxter here - I was watching a couple of episodes of Parks and Rec on Netflix today and came across this scene from 2013.
Donna and Tom have some good advice.  It's time for Baxter to "treat himself".   There is only one place where an ice cream loving bear should go, that's right to Salt and Straw Ice Cream.
They have so many flavors. What is a bear to do? 
I think I will do a tasting here at the store and pick up some pints to enjoy at home.
The first flavor I tried was wildflower honey with ricotta and lavender.  It was good, not my favorite but not bad.  Extra bonus points for a cool purplish color to the ice cream.
Does anyone mind if I eat out of the carton?
I got lots of flavors to try.  What should I try next? 
Double chocolate mocha.  Yep, that's a winner.
This one is a straight up honey lavender.  Not bad.  I give it two paws up.
Coffee with freckled wood block chocolate.
Pear and blue cheese.  Surprisingly this was my favorite. 

The pear and blue cheese is almost gone.
One of the great things about ice cream is that it's meant to be shared. Sandy helped us taste test some ice cream when we he was here.  He wanted to try the India Pale Ale flavor, it tasted like an India Pale Ale beer. 
Salt and Straw started in Portland and now they have expanded to Seattle, Los Angeles, downtown Disney and a few places in Orlando.  They have gotten really popular and in fact they have a cookbook.  Perhaps my roommates will get me a copy of this book so I can try some of the recipes on my own.











9 comments:

  1. Um....um....um....you clearly need a few more bears to help taste test. You know who to call.


    P.S. US!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, wait, wait....Jerry and Ben didn't you get my evite for the tasting party? Ugh, time to have a frank conversation with my sekrebeary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't, but that's ok. We often have difficulties with our SeKretary...It's so hard to find good help these days.

      Delete
  3. Oh I remember that... those were super yummy! I think the Coffee & Bourbon would have been palatable too... we often have pears and blue cheese as dessert - a surprisingly good combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pears and Bleu Cheese rocks. We have a ton of fresh pears from a friends tree waiting to be consumed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a tonne of pears on our own tree waiting to be processed into pear sauce...

      Delete
  5. Pear and Bleu Cheese, eh? Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you've never had pears with blue cheese... omg... you don't know what you're missing.

      Delete