Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Trash to treasures entry

My pal Wolfy and I were enjoying this cider and talking about our entry into the Trash to Treasures contest.  We know we have some stiff competition.  Bennie is very artistic and Droopy makes his own homemade cards.  Jerry, Ben and Sandy are no slouches in the creativity department either.
Wolfy and I dug around our closet and found this hummingbird feeder nozzle.   Then it hit us, we could make a hummingbird feeder.  All we need is wire, the nozzle and an empty bottle.  Piece of cake.
Full disclosure:  The first attempt at the hummingbird feeder did not work.  Goal: a hummingbird feeder.  Result: a broken bottle on the garage floor because the wire did not hold (but we got a clean garage floor out of the experiment).

I knew I needed helped.  Reindeer jumped in.  He has paws big enough for holding the hot glue gun.  
Reindeer and I got the wire to stay around the bottle but it does not look nice.
Reindeer suggested trying a plastic bottle being that the wire might adhere to the plastic easier.  We found a bottle, got the glue gun going and made it work.  
Reindeer and I were very apprehensive after two fails but we knew we had  to test it.
Us stuffies are not stupid.  We filled it with water, had the roommates hold it above the sink and we kept our paws crossed.  It works, it works!  I think Reindeer and I were very surprised. 
Perhaps it's time for a celebration.  Let's enjoy this nice canned wine.  I'm sure it's delicious. 








6 comments: