Thursday, August 20, 2020

Stuffy Class - Back in Session. Second careers with Odie.

Hello and thank you for attending the latest session of Stuffy Class.  Today's guest instructor is Odie (yes of Garfield fame).  Odie has been working hard on his class and is ready to present.  Please give a big Stuffy Class Welcome to Odie. 
--------------------------
Odie here.  Thanks for attending my class today.  I hope those of you who were on the waitlist made it in.  Let's get this out of the way:  Yes, my previous career was good natured,  less intelligent side kick to a certain cat who hated Monday's and loves lasagna.  Garfield and I are still friends but my class will not be about him, it will be about second careers.

My first career was sidekick to Garfield and now I have a very important second career as house manager.  I am a house manager for all the stuffies and the humans.  I am part of a VERY select group of professionals that manage homes.  I share company with the following people:
Mrs. Garret from Facts of Life.


My personal favorite:  Benson.
Of course Tony from Whose the Boss can't be forgotten.  But perhaps the most famous house manager (no, not Rosy the Robot from the Jetsons) but Alice Nelson from the Brady Bunch.

My class will teach you to be a successful house manager like me, Alice, Benson, Tony and Mrs. Garret. 

A good house manager has to be a good communicator.  I am taking with a few of the garden animals and they have mentioned that the outside of the house needs my attention.
Basil needs to be trimmed.  Time for me to make some pesto. 

I better call the gardener.  Besides the basil being going crazy this tomato needs serious attention.
The work never ends.  Bertran is an outdoor dog and looks like the birds attacked him.  Time to get some cleaner and take care of this mess. 
Being a house manager is tough work. You are always working and on call but it's important work.  I always recommend taking a break during the day.  To be a successful house manager one must practice self care. 
It's always important to stay well fed.  You never know what you might have to do next.
Duty calls:  As a house manager you are always on.   It's getting close to dinner time, the stuffies want to BBQ and there is no propane.  
I need to get this fixed asap or there will be no dinner!!!!!

Final lesson.  As a house manager you always have to be thinking ahead.  See, the coffee is almost gone.  Time to refill before the breakfast rush.  You don't want stuffies to not be caffeinated, that can cause a host of problems.....trust me. 

Sometimes you can only do so much as a house manager.  As you can see for breakfast tomorrow we only have turkey bacon, not real bacon. Sometimes there are problems that you just can't fix as a house manager (really, who buys turkey bacon????).
I hope you have enjoyed my stuffy class today.  Second careers are very rewarding and can often propel you in new directions.  








3 comments:

  1. Good job Manager Odie--inspiring post about second careers. (...Got any of that bacon left?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, all out of bacon. Doesn't last long around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get seriously compensated for being a manager - it's hard work... up here we like to call it "Domestic Resource Manager"... heh-heh...

    ReplyDelete