Thursday, August 26, 2021

Time to explore

 Hello Blog Pals,
Little Fox here. It's a beautiful day so why not head out to explore a new place.  My adventure today is at the McMenamins Kalama Lodge.  Whenever this fox goes to a Mcmenamins hotel he always looks for the scavenger hunt clue.  Ah, here it is. 

The clue is asking to me to find some dancing salmon and a curtain.  Hmm, I'm off.   

First stop is the brewery.  Nope no salmon here but if I am lucky maybe I will be able to sample the beer. 
I think my clue might be a painting. I found this painting on the wall, no salmon, no curtain but a dog.  
Nope, no salmon here.  This picture is of a traveler who would come to town, knock on your door and if you invited him to a meal he would thank you by breaking out his violin and his dancing mice.  Yep, real story. 
I must be getting close.  Do you see the salmon?  Back in the day they canned a lot of salmon in Kalama.  The canneries are long gone.....
Maybe I should look for my clue outside.  No luck but I did see a big totem pole.  No fox on it but there was a bear. 
What a beautiful day.  
My roommates are tasking me back to work.  They say I can have a beer when I find the clue.  Let's go!!!!

Found it!  Curtain, check.  Salmon, check. Dancing, check.  
Yep, this one is all for me. 
What's next for this little fox?  
















2 comments:

  1. Nicely done. You could join Sherlock Sandy on one of his cases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! That looks like a beer sampler glass... any dark ones in the mix?

    ReplyDelete