Thursday, August 11, 2022

Alaska Post 2 - Denali State Park, Pie and Talkneeta

Greetings blog world.

What a day! The mountain is out and ready to be explored.  The pink plant is fireweed and it's in abundance up there in the summer.  

Today, this fox is hiking the Curry Ridge Trail at Denali State Park.
A lot of great views along the hike.  The mountain, the river, glaciers.
I was hoping to see some wildlife but no such luck today.
The hike was a 5 star hike for sure.  The park had some nice viewing areas or  the mountain and a cool Veteran's Memorial Area. 

This fox worked hard adventuring and even though I had lunch it only seemed necessary to have some blueberry pie as well.  
Time to explore Talkneetna (moreso).  The historical society put together a nice walk and I came across a few cabins, old foundations and an airstrip. 

I also met the mayor of Talkneetna. The original mayor Stubbs won the election as a write in candidate in the mid 90s and this mayor has been serving since 2017.
A nice meal (poke bowl) and a few beers is a good way for this fox to finish up his day. 
Do I really need to share? 


Where will I go to next? 













4 comments:

  1. Everybody can use some pie on their trips..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that was wild blueberry pie. Way more flavour than the cultivated stuff. Those beers look yummy! Are you doing a minor in Beer Studies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it was wild blueberry pie (too early in the season). A minor in beer studies? Great idea, perhaps Drunk Fox can be my advisor?

      Delete
  3. The mayor is sleeping on the job! I just read that this mayor's name is Denali. :)

    ReplyDelete