Thursday, August 4, 2022

Alaska Post 1 - Welcome to Talkneetna, AK

 Hiya Blog World.
After a few hiccups at the Airport (had to change equipment before we left.....) my gang arrived in Anchorage.  Got the rental and we are off!  First stop: Supplies.  Yep, that's the Liquor Locker.  

After a short drive my team arrived inTalkneeta, AK. Time for lunch and this bakery cafe came up on my research. Yep, an animal in the name, seems like the right kind of place for me.
Wandering around Talkeetna for some time and came across a ranger station.  Better check in with the ranger and let them know I'm here. 
They say that only about 30% of guests to Alaska see Denali.  Count me as one of those lucky individuals as the mountain was out today.  PS - it's the tall mountain in this photo :)
Whenever I travel I always like to learn the local rules.  Looks like these animals want me to mask up. Good thing I brought my masks.
Saw this cool sign and decided to go inside for a drink.
This bear is down to business.  A napkin around his neck, a pitcher of beer and a huge burger (I guess he does have to fatten up before winter).


Whoo, what a day.  Been crazy busy and tomorrow is going to be just a busy.  Time to relax a little bit at the air b and b. 













7 comments:

  1. Very nice intro to Alaska. Congrats on seeing Denali!! Gorgeous mountain. Is there a stuffie ghost to greet you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I wish. Met a few stuffies along the way, Alaska is very stuffy friendly.

      Delete
  2. The Flying Squirrel is a great name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? The logo of the flying squirrel is perfect.

      Delete
  3. Very cute AirBnb! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete