Thursday, March 9, 2017

Hiking Season starts

Happy Spring!  As you can see I am waiting patiently for my roommates and my friend Sequoia to come hiking with me.
The trail is quiet for now. There were lots of people on the trail toward the end of my hike but for now I can think about all sorts of important things like snacks to take with me hiking.
Halfway up the trail I made it to the mansion. Sigh, no tours today but maybe in my future I will be able to take a behind the scenes tour.
We have had a ton of rain lately but the trail was in good shape despite what the sign said. 
Hmm, are these the snowdrops Sandy is always talking about?
Sequoia is keeping an eye out for traffic (he's ever vigilant).  
Not bad weather for a day where there was an 80% chance of rain.  The city from up here looks beary peaceful.  
I am excited to welcome spring.  Now I might have to get back home and start working in the garden. 



7 comments:

  1. I like the picture of your with the alleged snowdrops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup... those are snowdropos! I think they're called that cause while they are blooming there is always a chance of snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun hike! We love the snowdrops--we don't have them in our yard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job at being the tour guide for Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I always wanted to be a tour guide. Perhaps I should get some t-shirts that say "tour guide" made up.

      Delete
    2. That's a good idea... do they make t-shirts in your size?

      Delete