Sunday, September 10, 2017

Otterly adorable

Hello Blog Pals,
Drunk Fox at the helm of the blog today.

The doorbell rang today.  Apparently answering the door is another job Little Fox does (only he know how he reaches the door) that has now been delegated to me.
How does Little Fox reach up here? 
There was a huge box addressed to me, Drunk Fox.  This is weird. I usually don't get any mail (I try to live off the grid).
I examined the label in further detail.  Yep, that's Little Fox's handwriting.  No return address (I guess he is still "finding himself".
Looks like Stuffie Shipping Service is a division of UPS.  Go figure. 

I better open this box.  Perhaps it's fresh peanut butter.

I looked in and saw a small little otter.  I carefully pulled him out and quickly got him some water (to drink, not to swim in).


Otter and I got to chatting and I learned that he met Little Fox on an adventure and Otter wanted to stay with us.  I asked him his name and he said he didn't have one.


Now.....naming animals is not my humans strong suit.  For example, I am Drunk Fox.
We also have Big Bear.
Who can forget Little Bear.
Looks like Otter made it into this picture. 
Don't forget Reindeer.  I started calling him Otter and he got very upset saying "I want a name".
Now, I just finished a bag of JoJo's for lunch so I suggested JoJo.  He looked at me like I was CRAZY for suggesting JoJo (by the way I understand that not all of the country calls them JoJo's....strange huh).

So we need a name:  Here are my choices that Otter could live with but I could use some help from the stuffy community.  Do any of my stuffy friends have suggestions?  Here is what we have come up with but we're open to suggestions.

1) Wicket the Otter
2) Biscuit the Otter
3) Shelly the Otter
4) Chowder the Otter
5) Olive the Otter

Now, I am going figure out how to get rid of this big box.


6 comments:

  1. I was going to suggest Fred, but Wicket sounds good. It reminds me of playing cricket (that's an English game that we're really bad at). But then Chowder would be good too, for an Otter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - so many choices. I kind of like Fred too.

      Delete
  2. I like Wicket and Chowder, too. Shelly and Olive sound more feminine...is your guest a boy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, unnamed Otter is a boy. Perhaps Oliver, what do you think about that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kind of like Wicket... You also have to think of what his initials will be...
    W.O. (Wo! or Whoa!)
    B.O. (Bo? Bow?)
    S.O. (So... what?)
    C.O. (Commanding Officer?)
    O.O. (Ooooohhhhh!!)
    hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or he could be Oliver the Otter - which works out to O.T.O. kind of like Otto!!

    ReplyDelete