Thursday, December 28, 2017

A relaxing time in Monterrey.

“Reach deep within, and reconnect with the essence of your being.” ― Bryant McGill


Yosemite was awesome and there were the lodge was amazing.  However, my time at Yosemite ended and I am off to explore other areas.

My first stop is Pinnacles National Park near Monterrey, California.  Pinnacles is a park known for it's wildflowers.  Apparently, Spring is the best time to visit, when I visited it was about 100 + degrees.  Hot for a fox. 
Those mountains, or dare I say Pinnacles in the background are really cool .  I hear there is some good hiking in the spring.  Perhaps my humans will get the hint. 
More Pinnacles at Pinnacles National Park. This trail leads to an old mine.  This little fox like to stay above ground, thank you. 
More trails to explore. I must come back in the Spring. 
Pinnacles was nice, it was smaller and less crowded than Yosemite but it has potential.  Did I mention it was hot?  I heard that Monterrey, California is nice. Looks like they have a nice Marriot to explore.  
Once I settled into my room I decided to go out and about in Monterrey.  They have a ton of historic buildings and a history walk.  Apparently, Monterrey was the capital of Spain's holdings on the west coast. They had a customs house and a presidio.  Eventually, Mexico gained it's independence from Spain and Monterrey sided with Mexico and became part of that country until Northern California was named part of the United States and not Mexico around 1848.
Amazing trees in the customs hall. 
An old general store.  An ice cream would hit the spot right now.  
As you may recall my journey started as an exploration of the Grand Lodges and Hotels.  I have found one in Monterrey.   This lobby is amazing and this chair is so comfy.  A fox could get used to the good life. 
A beautiful sculpture on display outside of the lobby.  Do you see the bay in the background?
Speaking of Monterrey Bay......lots of nice sail boats in the harbor. 
No visit to Monterrey can be complete without a visit to Cannery Row. 
It's a tad touristy.  It does have a Ghirardelli shop that gave out free, yes free samples. 
I also saw this treat that Droopy might like. 
This fox is tired and needs a rest.  Perhaps I will sit on this promenade and enjoy the scenery for a while. 


2 comments: