Thursday, December 7, 2017

California, here I come!

"One day if I go to heaven... I'll look around and say 'It ain't bad. But it ain't San Francisco.'" — Herb Caen


Hello readers, welcome back to my travelogue/philosophical journey.  Last time I checked in with my blog audience I fell asleep in a comfy chair, had a dream to go to California, and well, here I am.

As you may or may not recall my journey to find myself started with an idea to see the great lodges of the Northwest.  I decided to expand my search to the great hotels.  Here's a pretty fancy place in San Francisco. I didn't stay here because it's a tad expensive but it's a cool place to check out. 

My hotel was pretty cool too.  It was built after the 1906 earthquake and fire and it's in great shape for being over 100 years old.  I am waiting patiently for the bellhop  to bring up my luggage. 
Huh, no mention of the stuffies making the 8th floor great.  I better have a chat with the manager. 
Boxed water?  Huh, only in California.  This coffee cup is the perfect size for me. 
Time to explore.  This plaque commemorates San Francisco's sister cities.  I got to tour the old church in the background too.  Not a bad place, they said "everyone's welcome" and as a fox in an urban city I appreciate that. 
No trip to San Francisco is complete without a walk down Chinatown.  Should I buy one of those crispy ducks hanging in the window of certain stores?
No duck but I did get Dim Sum.  It was such a nice day I decided toto walk down to the pier.
I look good against the background of San Francisco don't I?
I think this picture has the potential to be on the front of the blog.  Notice the big smile on my face.
On the way back to the hotel I headed through Ghiradelli Square.  
This place is awesome!
Next stop: Yosemite!!!!!!!

I started my journey at the Hetch Hetchy Reservoir in Yosemite.  It was a beautiful area that wasn't too crowded.
Of course there is a big dam making the reservoir and it's somewhat controversial.  It makes for a great lake and wonderful views. 
Let's do some hiking:   Where should I go?  
I didn't go to any of those places but I found a nice trail around the lake. 
Goodness, this fox is tired.  I need to find some lodging.  I hear Curry Village has lots of tent cabins.  It ain't the Ritz but it will do.

7 comments: