Thursday, May 24, 2018

Wildflowers in Bloom

Hello Blog Friends,
I am patiently waiting for my roommates to get their act together so we can start today's adventure.  It's prime wildflower season so I am hoping to see lots of wildflowers on my adventure today. Let's go!
Sequoia came along for the hike today.  You can see some balsamroot to the right.  
This log is perfect for me. 
So many miles to hike. 
The sky is blue, the flowers are at full blast and it's almost lunch time.  What more does a fox need? 
My fur contrasts nicely with the flowers. 
Mt. Hood in the background.
I believe this plant is Indian Paintbrush, probably not the scientific name.  A good spot for lunch for sure. 
On the way down from the hike I saw in the far distance a long train.  Jerry and Ben, do you see it?
That picture is great, I know J and B love trains and if I don't say so myself the engine is "fox orange", a new color I am trying to trademark. 

Here's a professional picture of a similar train (again, note the "fox orange" color of the engine. 






4 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers, and a TRAIN!!! The Little Fox Express!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All aboard. You can find me in the snack bar.

      Delete
    2. Isn't the snack bar reserved only for stuffies? That's the way it should be.

      Delete
  2. I like "Fox Orange"... so descriptive. I see your lupines are in bloom too... ours are just starting.

    ReplyDelete