Thursday, May 3, 2018

Exploring the badlands on a good day.

Good Morning World.  It's early and I am fortifying myself before my adventure in Bend's Badlands today.
A few miles out of town I ended up at the Bend Badlands. 
My goal is flatiron rock.   So that badlands are actually pretty cool.  There is lots of open space, good trails,  and lots of old Juniper trees to explore.  Back in the day, this land was a large lake.
Lot's of dusty trails and sandy soil.  Perfect for a little fox's paws. 
There were lots of old trees in the badlands. 
I think I am approaching the flatiron rock.
I  made it to the top!  
The mountains are out in full force today.  If the sky was bluer I bet the mountains would be more visible. 

Some cool rock formations on flatiron rock as well.
It was an early morning adventure, so no snacks. Don't worry viewers this Little Fox knows how to convince his roommates to find a good place for lunch. 





6 comments:

  1. ...yes, but what was for lunch?? This is an important question for some of us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. In fact you would think at a place like Flatiron rock my roommates would treat me to a flatiron steak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We suggest a passing comment about the upcoming annual seKretary evaluations...

      Delete
  3. Those look like volcanic rocks. Is this near Craters of the Moon? That's a super cool area too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind... I just looked on a map... Craters are in Idaho... a bit farther east!

      Delete