Thursday, March 21, 2019

Little Fox's Brewing Company Part 1

Hello Blog Pals,
Whew, I am tired.  A few days ago I went to the library to browse books to learn a new hobby.  Initially I wanted to raise chickens in the backyard.  My roommates nixed that idea pretty fast, then I decided to beekeep but that isn't allowed in our city code so that idea got cancelled.  I have made cheese before (yum) and decided to open a micro cidery.  Basically, it's a microbrewery but with hard cider rather than beer (and according to the clerk at the home brew store cider is easier than beer). 

Step 1: Research.  This recipe is called "Master Hard Cider Recipe" and it seems like a good starting point. I better read up on it first before I begin.

One of the key ingredients is cider yeast.  This packet looks the right size. 
I need a primary fermenter (that's what this bucket is for).  Bottle caps for the finished product (still weeks away) and Sequoia wanted to check everything out to make sure it's dog approved.   
This fox was never into science in fox school (yes, foxes go to school).  However, I can follow a good recipe. 

So...............there were a few more pictures that got lost on my sekrebearies phone and they are now gone forever.  Guess who is not getting a good eval this year?? 
Fast forward.  

We fermented the cider in a plastic jug, sanitized all of our equipment and now our cider is settling in a dark cool place (yup, the garage).  

Two weeks till it's ready to bottle.  Then it's a month to drink.  Yipee!



2 comments:

  1. I don't think i could wait that long.. you are a beary patient Little Fox.

    ReplyDelete