Thursday, May 16, 2019

Bear still in charge. Blog 8

Hello Blog World,
Baxter here at the helm of the blog this week.  On my list of things to do while Little Fox was gone included many things:  Hike, day trips, eat ice cream, and take mini vacations.  Looks like another weekend trip has been planned. 

This trip I am off to Bend, Oregon.  A trendy (i.e. expensive) mountain town in Central Oregon.  Bend was named after the bend in the Deschutes (French, right Ben?) River that went through the area.  It's had a lively history.  During WWII the air force trained here.  It was cattle raising country for many many years, it's the Oregon High Desert so the temperatures are really hot or cold and now it's pretty much a retirement/ski/tourist town. I'm hanging out at the McMenamins Old St. Francis School, my lodging for the night.  In the meantime I figured I would get a drink.
Ah this is better.  A nice porter beer and a hard apple cider on the side.  This ought to be enough alcohol for one bear.  
I need a break.  All this drinking is tiring this little bear out.  As I was exploring town I came across this cool bird.  I like his scarf, don't you?
Ahh.  Some food.  I am enjoying an Australian meat pie and a beer for dinner.  Yum.  Meat, cheese, egg and pie crust.  It's almost like having dessert for dinner. 
Finally, time to relax back at the room.  A nice big bottle of water is needed and some hot coffee to keep this bear going.  
Rumor has it that there are some adventures planned for tomorrow.  Do you think a stop to an ice cream parlor might be in the plans?  Stay tuned...





3 comments:

  1. Thank goodness a stuffie is in charge!

    Did someone say ice cream????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bär - yum - that meat pie looked super good. You are a great tour host.

    ReplyDelete