Thursday, May 28, 2020

Stuffy Class with Baxter (aka Baxter's Back!)

Little Fox here:  Welcome to my first of many Stuffy Class sessions hosted by my stuffy friends.  Up first we have Baxter who is going to teach us all about desserts.  Take it away Baxter. 


Baxter here.  I am one of the stuffies at Little Fox's place and this week I am in charge of the blog as a guest blogger for Little Fox's Stuffy Class Series.   Me, I'm getting very excited as my favorite season is coming up.  Summer? Well sort of, it's ICE CREAM and DESSERT SEASON.  I am a big fan of ice cream and cookies anytime anywhere!  Welcome to my Stuffy Class!


Step 1:  For my ice cream you need frozen bananas.  I have been tasked with preserving these bananas that are starting to go bad.  I had the roommates cut them up and I  put them in a tupperware and lined them with wax paper.  I plan to freeze them.  Note: Not the best idea to separate the bananas via waxed paper as the bananas stick to the paper.  Next time I will just freeze the chunks in ziplock bags.
Step 2: Ice cream is really good but one would also need cookies to fully enjoy the experience.   Okay, any cookie aficionado can see that this is just the frozen dough bought from the grocery store but it should still work for what I want to do. I hope Chef Ben, doesn't  judge my baking skills.  
The cookies are done....well sort of.  I think they need to be baked a little more and put in the traditional cookie shape of circles.  Back in the oven for you. 
Yes, these look like proper cookies.  Now they just need to cool down. 
I had to put the cookies aside (after testing a few that is) for a later time

The bananas are properly frozen so let's get to work.  
Step 3: Get some frozen strawberries.  So I have frozen bananas and strawberries to build the base of my ice cream.  
Step 4:  The food processor is out and ready to get to work.  
Step 5: Add some liquid. Cream works, half and half works but today we are using almond milk.  
Let's recap: Frozen bananas, frozen strawberries, food processors and almond milk.  Time to get cooking!  Put all the ingredients in a food processor and give it a whirl.  Eventually it will look like this tasty treat.

Of course there is no cream but hey it tastes pretty darn good.  Do you think this bowl of "ice cream" is big enough for me?  Perhaps I should get some of those cookies from earlier to accent my ice cream?
Wash those paws stuffies.  Stay safe.
Guest Blogger Baxter host of the first session of StuffyClass.






















8 comments:

  1. Strawberry-banana-almond milk freeze? Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should call it "Baxter's Banana-Beary Frozen Dessert."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! Today is 90 degrees.....perfect timing for ice cream.

      Delete
  3. Great class! I learned a lot. It looks beary tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look good. Are the bananas absolutely necessary? Cause there are a few folks here who are not banana fans...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try this one:
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/261424/pineapple-nice-cream/?utm_medium=social&utm_term=CC5F9FB8-A3AF-11EA-B88B-0D7A2FEB5590&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_content=link_internalcrosspromotion&utm_campaign=cookinglight_cookinglight&fbclid=IwAR2kP1ThRwW8DWBAHZor4laW7j4Ai-_P66gT6sFZyH2yiZkZpmw2y_cFyWg

    Bax

    ReplyDelete