Thursday, May 14, 2020

Waterloo

***Note:  This post was written/created before the stay at home order put in effect.  Please note, Little Fox is following all laws regarding stay at home orders (and all other laws as well)**

Hello Blog Pals,
My roommates told me to pack my bags for a quick adventure to Waterloo.  I know two things about Waterloo.  First, Napoleon had some trouble there and the band ABBA had a hit song.
Actually, my roommates decided to take me to Waterloo, Oregon.    It's a small town with great river access and I heard that there is  local rancher who sells farm fresh eggs for $3.00 a dozen.


There is some good hiking out of Waterloo as well.  Right now (post dated blog) it's huckleberry season.  The huckleberry is a relative of the blueberry and they have not found a way to commercially produce. them.  They are very good and when you find them in the wild be sure to enjoy a few.
The darker the berry the tastier it is.  There are also blue huckleberries but a certain roommate spent more time eating them than taking pictures of me with them.


There is still some beargrass out.  Although it is getting to the end of the beargrass season.  

Nice mountain views along the way.  
Ahhhh, the Oregon Cascades. You can see a few mountains.  I see the three sisters, broken top and black butte off in the distance.  
This looks like a great place for lunch.  Of course, everyone was eating so no pictures were taken of the lunch.  Humans, am I right?
****
My hike yesterday was to Crescent Mountain and our host suggested visiting the waterfalls at the McDowell County Park.  Another hike?  Yep, I am in.  This was more of a walk than a hike but the waterfalls were cool.
I call this one Little Fox falls.
Another waterfall, let's call this Little Fox falls #2.

What?  Another waterfall.  Okay, Little Fox falls #3.  

Time for this fox to visit the farm and get some fresh eggs for dinner.

10 comments:

  1. Wow...are those the true colors of the eggshells? They look like Easter eggs! I hope you got a good portion of berries for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm huckleberry... there are lots where Gramma lives. Big fat black juicy ones. They are soon much better than store bought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time you visit during huckleberry season you let me know. Can I place an order.

      Delete
    2. I know... I think the season is July... we might (maybe) go up in August but no guarantee...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. They are....the ones we got were not as pretty and colorful but had lots of specks on them . Straight from the farm

      Delete
  4. There's also Waterloo, ON... so many choices to confuse a stuffie...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't there a London Ontario too?

      Delete
    2. Yes there is... and a Glasgow, Nova Scotia (although it's called New Glasgow). And then there is a Paris, ON too I think. And Kitchener, ON used to be called Berlin, ON... Although, apparently, there are 26 Berlin's in the USA alone. Huh. Go figure...

      Delete