Thursday, May 7, 2020

Happy Spring

***Note:  This post was written/created before the stay at home order put in effect.  Please note, Little Fox is following all laws regarding stay at home orders (and all other laws as well)**

Hi Blog Pals,
I just wanted to wish everyone a happy spring.

Today's adventure includes a trip to Dry Creek Falls in the Columbia River Gorge.
Dry Creek Falls is the watershed for the small town of Cascade Locks.  I hope there is water as I want my friends in Cascade Locks to have lots of fresh water.  Enough talk, let's hike.
As I am approaching the falls the river looks like it's flowing well.

Do you see the waterfall in the background?  Let me get closer....
I am no hydrologist but this waterfall sure looks good to me.  I think my friends are going to have lots of water this year. 
Who are my friends in Cascade Locks?   Of course we have the Native American's who sell smoked salmon and fresh salmon (in season) under the bridge out of the back of their pickups.
There is also the Brigham Fish Market.  They have all sorts of fish, some local.  I recommend the smoked salmon at either place.
Wild smoked salmon.....worth every penny.
One more place I recommend in Cascade Locks.  
I have never had the burgers but the ice cream is pretty darn good.









2 comments:

  1. That is one nice waterfall. And beautiful columnar basalt at the bottom of those cliffs. Back of the pickup salmon counts as a back alley deal...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're going to make some little bears drool with those smoked salmon pictures. Is there such a thing as salmon ice cream?...

    ReplyDelete