Thursday, October 7, 2021

More Mt. Baker Adventures!

 Good Morning!  Little Fox here. I am off to a hike I have wanted to do for ages, Ptarmigan Ridge. Ptarmigan Ridge is near Artist's Point on the Mt. Baker Hwy. This year, the dept of transportation is repairing some damage which adds a few miles to our hike.  That's okay, this fox is a good hiker. 

I believe this is Terminal Lake near Heather Meadows.  A nice little hike near the start of the hike.

The mountains are out today.  Two days later from Damfino lakes and what a difference in the air quality. 
Fireweed looks great today. 

Onward....perhaps I will see a ptarmigan on this ridge, being that this is the name of the trail.  
Mt Baker is in full view today.  Yep, a little snow on the trail in August. 
A marmot off in the distance.  He's whistling, according to Google marmots whistle when they sense danger.  I can only assume the danger that the marmot is whistling to warn other marmots of danger (i.e. me).  Little do they know....I'm a friendly fox. 
Mountain lupine. 
Welcome to my lunch spot. 
On the way back, Sequoia decided to take a break and cool off on one of the snow patches.
















6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks and that is hi praise from you two being that I didn't post any lunch pictures. Stay warm this winter.

      Delete
  2. Can you basically drive to the subalpine first? That is cool!! And those flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, when the highway opens you can drive up there. Usually July to first snowfall. 100% worth it. Go early....a busy place. The flowers and mountains were amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. It was a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete