Thursday, November 18, 2021

Exploring Baker City

 Hello Blog World.

It is I, Little Fox archeology student on a little road trip to Baker City, Oregon.  No archeology studies today but I a excited to explore town.  Baker City was a mining town, then a timber town and now a county seat and a regional hotspot. I'm staying in the heart of town so it's all walkable for me.  Let's go.

What does this sign say? Better get a little closer.

This is the kind of sign my pal Drunk Fox thinks is funny.  Gotta try the Thai food at the Chinese restaurant.  
On a side note, I did eat there and it was very good.   Now that I am fortified let's explore further.

Up next is the Baker Tower.  A  1929 Art Deco beauty.  Originally constructed as a hotel (89 rooms) and now an office building.  Sandy, when are you going to have another Art Deco contest????
Lot's of public art and most of it was animal based.  Score points for Baker City! 

Help!!!
As usual, this exploring has made me thirsty.  This drink should tie me over.
Here's a hint on where my archeology trip might take me.  Of course, that's after a hike.



  












4 comments:

  1. Funny you should mention the art deco contest... just working on a post about that now! That building looks amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drunken noodles, eh? D.F. should enjoy that....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, although now that Drunk Fox is in rehab he might just go for something more basic like Pad Thai.

      Delete