Thursday, March 31, 2022

Tacoma Exploration

Hiya Gang, Little Fox hanging out at Wright Park in Tacoma. It's supposed to rain later in the day but the weather gods have given me this respite so I am able to explore the park.  Wright Park was established in 1890.  
Wright Park is a very regal park.  Statuary, ponds, fountains, lawn bowling and horseshoe courts.  Something for everyone. 


Speaking of something for everyone they even have a monument to the armed forces.  An 18th century cannon from Sevilla Spain (1784). 
According to my research this cannon was used in the Spanish American War and captured in 1898 in Havana Cuba. Independence Day 1900 the USS Iowa fired a sunrise salute to the people of Tacoma, the cannon fired back a greeting that day and that was the only time the cannon was fired on US soil.
After leaving Wright Park it's time to explore the Point Defiance Zoo.  They had some good looking cats at the zoo.  This tiger has a nice has a nice lake to hang out at. 
I met these friendly penguins.  They are actually on loan from SeaWorld but I hope they stay in Tacoma. 
Hello fish.  How are you?

This fox has worked up an appetite. Off to find some fish and chips for lunch (yes, I am aware of the irony of eating fish and chips after vising the aquarium). 
 

3 comments:

  1. Nice adventure. Are you taking a minor in history for your archeaology degree?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should go for a minor. I certainly have enough credits. I'm flirting with a minor in 18th and 19th century city park design. Hoping to wrangle a few trips to Europe (when things calm down) to do some "research ".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are very nice sculptures! When will there be a sculpture of Little Fox?

    ReplyDelete