Thursday, April 14, 2022

Welcome Spring

Hiya Gang,
LF here welcoming in Spring.  Today I am exploring the state capital, scouting some art deco shots for Sandy's next (hopefully) contest, and enjoying the nice Spring weather.  This is a cool parking garage, it's all underground and they made a state park is on t op of the garage.  Very cool..

At the state park they have all these interesting fun facts.  This one is my favorite. 

This one is on "Oregon  Firsts" such as: producing state wide voter pamphlets, state wide voter registration, electing US senators by vote, declare sovereignty of ocean beaches, adopting a workers compensation law and ban aerosol sprays.

I could not have asked for a better day.  
The capital is pretty impressive.  On top is "Oregon Pioneer".  He' was made in New Jersey, shipped across the panama canal and taken by train to Salem. Quite a journey.  
I made it as close as I can today (construction).  Can't go inside today to explore but keeping paws crossed I can explore soon. 
I can see the art deco influence but when I was reading online I also noticed people called it Soviet Era Construction, which I can see some of those influences as well. 


Since it's so nice today might as well explore the riverside park.  A cool bridge over the river and lots of outdoor art.

Trees are blooming and the river is calm. 

Time for this little fox to get lunch. 










3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tour! We have ordered a book from the library about the Donner Party... not really Oregon history but... we thought it was close enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Funny!! It was actually a beary good book. We learned a lot about geography and how a series of minor (and major) poor decisions can lead to catastrophic consequences. They were sooooo close to making it over before the snows came.

      Delete