Thursday, April 3, 2014

Off to the beach.............

Ahhh a sunny day (no blizzard in Oregon....sorry Jerry), what to do?  What…..my roommate wants to go to the beach today; count me in!  Look at all the things to do at this park.  We can camp, hike, beach comb, and fish.  Today we decided to go for a hike and to try to find wildflowers.
Looks like some sort of lily; perhaps it is a similar species to Lily Sandyenis.  MMMM smells good.  Jerry, do you have any plants like this in your garden?

This stump looks like the perfect place to relax with some lemonade.  What, you didn’t bring any???  I think I need to look into hiring a more responsible Sekrebeary.
These rocks on the trail are OK sized for humans but beary difficult for Little Foxes.  Looks like it’s back in the backpack for me or we’ll never get up these rocks in time.

The wildflowers are out in force today, I think these ones are wild roses, and the other ones might be trilliums...not sure though.


Finally made it to the beach viewpoint.  You can look out to the ocean as I am in this little video but I prefer staring back at the beach.  This seems like the perfect place for a snack.  I had my roommate stop at Starbucks and pick me up a package of honey for my snack (lemonade would go perfect with this honey….just saying).

On my way back saw lots more flowers and this boat in the distance.  I wonder if they are salmon fishermen?  Oh, that would be great, fresh salmon right off the boat.  If I play my cards right maybe I can convince my roommate to take me to a certain cheese factory I like......

 

12 comments:

  1. You are a lucky fox!! No lemonade... but a honey packet - beary good! That first purple flower is a trillium I think, and the white one too. The little pink flowers on the bush - that looks like a Salmon Berry bush to me - they make raspberry shaped fruit that are sort of a salmon colour (duh)... and bears love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salmonberry, of course! I always see Salmonberry as a fruit but beary rarely as a flower. Good catch. Maybe a wildflower identification book is in your future Sandy?

      Delete
    2. I think some people eat it too, although I much prefer thimbleberry. We apparently have trillium as well, but they aren't hatched yet - you guys are farther along than us!

      Delete
  2. Wow beautiful weather...we're in the midst of getting more snow, possibly ten inches by tomorrow. Jerry is very unhappy, but he likes looking at your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 10 inches of snow, oh no. Jerry can come over and help my roommates build their raised bed for their vegetable garden. My roommates need all sorts of supervision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we didn't get that much snow afterall, so fair only a couple inches, some ice, and lots of wind. Jerry would be very happy to help you in your garden, he loves to garden. Right now, he's just a bit grumpy; every time he looks out the window he mutters something under his breath.

      Delete
    2. I'm curious to know what Jerry is muttering... or is it not printable?? Or maybe he's doing a sun prayer?

      Delete
    3. Ben says his mutterings include "thiz is not funnee", and "so unfair". He's a little cheered up today; it's sunny and we're going to the garden center.

      Delete
  4. Wow! I love the photo of you at the beach viewpoint. It is beary beautiful. You look like you are deep in thought. What do you think of, Little Fox, when you contemplate life on these hikes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good thoughts indeed! Don't forget the hot chocolate for when you're sitting around a little camp fire...and a few smores wouldn't hurt either!

      Delete
  5. I would be curious to see what Jerry's mutterings are as well

    ReplyDelete