Monday, August 3, 2015

Finally, a proper adventure...

It seems that all of my blog pals have been posting about great hikes, psychological breakthroughs, and taking driving lessons.  I realized that life is not all about lobbying for Stuffie Rights (although beary important) so I wrangled my crew for a short camping trip.

It's been unbearibly hot lately so we decided to go to a part of the state that is even hotter.   Did I mention it was hot?  Well, it was in case you didn't know.  The first day of our trip we decided to hike up to a place called 4 in 1 cone.
The trail started out in the woods and it was beary comfortable (of course it was 7:15am).
There was lots of lava rock along the trail.
I spy a mountain in the distance. 
Sequoia is raring to go but I prefer to rest and enjoy the view.
I am beary curious about this rock.
Ahh, made it to the top.  The views are amazing.  I believe this is North Sister and Middle Sister.




 Ohh, overhere is Mt Washington and possibly Three Finger Jack. This looked like a spot for a great early lunch. ter and Middle Sister.
After relaxing at the campground we decided to head out for some ice cream and a bag of ice (did I mention it was hot?). 



The flowers were beautiful and sadly I didn't see any beezzzzzz (sorry Jerry and Ben).   There were lots of friendly bears at this place as well.


I don't know if I should be excited about a honey flavored syrup or sad that they are kind of trying to pass this off as honey.  Although I must admit I like the name since It's the same as my bearista bear friend Little Bear


The next day we headed out again and it was not as hot today.  We wanted to explore a trail along the McKenzie River that led us to a place called Tamolich Pool.  Along the way I saw some more lava rocks. 
 

The river is far below.  I hope my roommates don't try and float me down this river in a homemade boat a-la Sandy's experience. 

 Ahh, made it to Tamolich pool, aka blue pool. It really was that blue. 

Sequoia was excited to be at the blue pool as well, one might say so excited he could not stand still.


After the blue pool we headed back home.  Stopped for lunch PB&J and got back in time to air out the house.  
 


14 comments:

  1. Nice hike! Although I would think it would've been a bit hot on all those rocks. That blue pool looks amazing. As for honey-flavoured syrup... that is just sacrilegious! Hmph... it's probably high fructose corn syrup... beary bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at the ingredients of the syrup and the first ingredient was corn syrup. I am not sure if they were too cheap to buy the high fructose kind or what but it was kind of sad. Do you have KFC up there? They sell biscuits and give you a packet of "Honey Flavored Product" which seems questionable at best.

      Delete
    2. Honey flavored product???? BLEUGH!!!! I'd demand REAL HONEY!!

      Delete
    3. Absolutely. What are your thoughts on "fake" cheese? :)

      Delete
  2. Great photo with those orange flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think those are Marigolds? Before my fur got all dirty and dusty I used to be that color :)

      Delete
    2. Marigolds would be my guess as well. You do have some orangey colors in your fur...goes well together.

      Delete
  3. Nice hike! That color blue is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I was kind of sad the lava wasn't bright Hammie red, it was more of a dull reddish color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! Any proper adventure should include honey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not honey flavored syrup? Just kidding, I know you two are honey purists.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sequoia's fur looks lighter in the last picture. Has he been bleaching his fur blonde?

    ReplyDelete
  8. No but he does have an appointment at the spa on Monday.

    ReplyDelete