Thursday, April 19, 2018

Out and about with Little Fox

Hello Blog Friends.
It is I, Little Fox here today excited to share with you a recent adventure.

This is going to blow some of your minds but I am in the woods getting ready for a hike.  Today, I am in the Applegate Valley (this is Applegate Lake in the background) waiting for my roommates to lace up their boots for a hike.
It's Spring and the lake is a little dry.  There was some snow recently but nothing major.  I hope the valley that relies on this lake has enough water.  This is forest fire country down here so this lake is a pretty important water source.
The woods are beary nice right now.  The trail is dry, the trees are in good shape and there is a ton of There are a lot of Manzanita trees  in this part of the state.  They are a red bark tree that almost seems as if it sheds it bark.
After sufficient rest and relaxation I was off on another hike. This one was on an old Bureau of Land Management (BLM) road.  This trail was called Enchanted Forest - sounds perfect for me. 
Some sort of flowering bush (I am no botanist, I'm an archeologist). 
An amazing meadow.  It was only a mile or so into the hike, too bad it would be perfect for lunch. 
A side hike in the enchanted forest was to a memorial.  The memorial is for a helicopter crew who crashed near here in the 90s.  I could not find any info about the pilots.  Were they loggers scouting land? Firefighters? Tourists?  The mystery remains. 
Along the way I came across an old truck.  This is farm and ranch country so there were lots of old machinery in the area. 
Sequoia says "hi"
Whew, made it to the viewpoint on the Enchanted Forest Trail.  Any further on the trail is private property so I am going to enjoy my PB&J sandwich at this viewpoint. 
Now, my roommates hinted that we are also in wine country. Maybe I can convince them to take me to a vineyard??????











5 comments:

  1. PB & J....So Drunk Fox packed your lunch huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice hike! That reservoir sure looks low though... I am a bit concerned about your monotonous snack repertoire... no smoked salmon? No honey bars? Hmph.... Mind you... at least you GET a snack on your hikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sequoia, lookin' good!

    You have to nudge your roommates a bit and ask for a trip add-on to visit the winery, and maybe some good restaurant, and a movie perhaps...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like spring is coming! Our snow is FINALLY almost all melted; we hope we don't get anymore.

    ReplyDelete