Thursday, April 26, 2018

Little Fox, explorer.

Hello Blog Pals,
No, don't worry I am still studying to be an archeologist but today I am taking a break to explore an old Catholic School turned hotel.

My roommates are trying to boost their annual evaluations and took me on a little vacation to Bend, Oregon.  The cool thing about this hotel company is they have scavenger hunts at their properties to help you explore.  
While my roommates were talking to the hotel clerk to learn about the scavenger hunt clue I decided to head outside and put an order in for a beer.  This 33rd State IPA looks good. 
Sigh.  No beer right now, but hopefully sooner than later.  Let's start at this bar called O'Kanes.  O'Kanes is in the old garage on the property.  The hotel is in an old Catholic School and they have all of these old buildings around the property. 
O'Kanes on the inside is beary dark, it's a cigar bar so it's a tad smoky but very dark and cool. 
Time for a beer. The glass is a little big for me but I will conquer this beer!
Out of the bar and into the hotels.  So I need to find the clue and they have a ton of artwork inside.  I bet Beanie would love all of the art. 
Speaking of Beanie, I wonder if he knows these guys? 
They have an open air soaking pool.  But I haven't found the clue yet.  Hmm. 
Perhaps this Fireplace room has the clue? 
Nope.  However, I did read that if you followed the blue lights there would be secret rooms.  This light looks blue to me.
Cool!  A secret room with chalk and chalkboards. 
I have good handwriting, eh?
Sigh, I still haven't found the clue.  This is getting beary hard. Then some sort of devine urge came to  walk outside (I am at a former Catholic school, perhaps it was a spiritual sign) and believe it or not I found the clue.  
Looks like St. Francis with a dog if you look hard.

Yes, now I have to check in with the clerk for my prize.







7 comments:

  1. Great photos, and great idea to drop a hint that annual evaluations are coming up...in fact we're going to drop that hint this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea about dropping the hint. Sometimes humans can be so dense.

      Delete
    2. Sometimes? Well, most of the time we think. Luckily, stuffies are around to keep things organized.

      Delete
  2. Easy on the beer! One Drunk Fox is enough...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You drank that whole beer all by yourself? You must have a hollow leg (or two). I agree with Ajdin - that pool does look amazing!

    ReplyDelete