Thursday, April 4, 2019

Bear in charge blog 2.

Hey Blog World,
It's the bear in charge here.  I was told to take LF's roommates on a trip to the beach today because the weather is supposed to be above 60 degree.  


Rockaway Beach is a quiet beach town.  Yes, it has the requisite ice cream shops, kite shops, and random stuff (including a shop advertising the best Indian Food on the Oregon Coast) but shopping is not in the cards for me, I am off on a hike.  


Sequoia  decided to attend the trip with us.  I am more of a backpack traveling bear while Sequoia likes to run around like a crazy dog on the beach.  He LOVES the beach.


Off in the distance are the mountains of the coast range.  Angora peak, Neahkahnie 
Mountain and many unnamed hills.  Neahkahnie Mountain is supposedly where the first European explorers arrived while exploring this part of the word in 1693 (a Spanish boat shipwrecked on the spit near the mountain).  Of course the Tillamook and Clatsop Indians have been trading with each other via the  dangerous trails that  cross Neahkahnie  mountain long before the first Europeans arrived. 


From my understanding every stuffy has their hobby.  From reading LF's notes LF's hobby is hiking and archaeology.  Jerry's is eating snacks and gardening.  Ben's is cooking.  Sandy's is exploring, Droopy's is a bacon conesour, Beanie is an artist and adventurer, and Ajdin is professional tour guide and has a drivers license.    So......readers.....you are probably wondering what my passion is. 

I have two favorite activities.
1) Eating lunch.  I love lunch, not dinner, not breakfast not snacks just  lunch.  Speaking of lunch, it's lunch time now.  First I have a nice sandwich.  Yum. 
Rice crackers.  Now how do I switch orientation on my pictures?
Honeycrisp apples. The little piece of honeycrisp apple covered in sand on the dog's waterbottle was for Sequoia.  He decided to spit it out.  Crazy huh?
Hard to see but it's string cheese. 
Not a bad lunch but I think I should start coaching LF's roommates on how to make a better lunch.  For example, I could add seafood, fresh baked cookies, brownies, and Pirogis (A favorite of this bear).    

My other passion is that I am a certified ice cream connoisseur (yes, they actually have this).  

 Hopefully, I can convince LF's roommates to stop at one or two of these local shops so I can test out the ice cream.  Paws crossed.

Bear in charge signing off.


5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Especially if it's followed up with Ice Cream or if it has Bacon involved.

      Delete
  2. That beach looks fun, no wonder Sequoia is having such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sequoia looks like he is having a blast! Maybe you can take some video of him running around and show it to us? :)

    ReplyDelete