Thursday, June 11, 2020

Stuffy Class: Comedy with Kermit the Frog

Little Fox here.  Our next Stuffy Class is a class in comedy, keeping an audience interested and how to get a crowd warmed up.  We are very honored here to have the one and only Kermit the Frog as our instructor today.
Thanks LF.  Kermit here. I am so glad you decided to attend my class today. I hope my class lives up to the hype.
Looks like an audience is already forming.  First rule of showbiz....never start on time.

An hour later my crowd is beginning to gather. 
Second rule of Showbiz:  Never let your audience get too close to you as a performer.  Odie is pushing the envelop and is pretty close.  I might need to call in security. 
Next rule: Timing is EVERYTHING.  My audience is ready to go. 

Helpful Hint:  Start off with something tried and true. I think I might open up with the rainbow connection.
Rainbow Connection is always a winner.
To have good comic timing you need a good stage (sounds weird but trust me.)  Check out my impromtu stage.  My road crew is solid, they know my needs as a performer.

You will notice that when you are telling jokes it's okay to laugh at your own joke.  As you can see here.....I can't stop laughing.  The audience love it.
The final thing this class was supposed to address is how to keep an audience interested.  For me, it's not a real problem but I know for newer comics or rising stars sometimes you need to keep an audience going to keep the buzz alive.

My advice: 
Only play in clubs where there are two drink minimums and if the club doesn't offer that service be sure to bring your own drinks with you for the audience. As a professional I always bring a jug of fine wine to make sure the audience has a good time.
Thanks for attending my class.
Kermit....out!!!!!








7 comments:

  1. Those are some really great tips. I particularly like the one about keeping the audience in a happy state of inebriation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Show business tips from a pro! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, Rainbow Connection is a classic. Love that song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent tips! The 2nd rule is particularly true nowadays with social distancing

    ReplyDelete