Thursday, November 19, 2020

An adventure suggested by a famous person.

Hello,
Little Fox here. I have been lucky this fall to get outside on some sunny days. At the cabin I rented I came across a very secretive person.  Blog world....meet Bigfoot.




Bigfoot is a really friendly stuffy.  He lives at this cabin in Washington and welcomes stuffy visitors.  Bigfoot and I are checking out the map to find a good hike.  Because of Covid I want to find a hike that is away from lots of people and I figure Bigfoot would know where to find a secluded hike.



Bigfoot directed me to Cottonwood Canyon State Park.  It's in the center of the state and the closest town is miles away.
We are driving through windmill country.  These windmills are huge and produce some power.  They are very eco friendly but there have been controversies with birds and bats getting confused near the windmills.
Cottonwood Canyon State Park.  Cottonwood Canyon was a former ranch, do you see their brand?  
In 2007 the Western Rivers Collective bought the ranch from the original homesteaders (an Irish family who ranched here for 100+ years) and then sold it to the state in 2010.
This is the original barn.  

Down below they have restored the old ranch fence and included lots of the old ranch brands from the area.
Anyone have any idea of what this machine is used for?
An old fenced area to load the cattle up.  
Time to explore the ranch. Lots of sagebrush out here.


The trail follows an old ranch road along the John Day River.

So much land to explore.
 Sequoia is way ahead of this fox, I need to catch up.
Made it back to the ranch.  A short 15 mile drive to the nearest town.  Sent the roommate to a little store to get a treat.  
They came out with an A+ treat (I love evaluation season).

























3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Bigfoot sighting! You lucky fox...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Bigfoot take you to meet his people? Or are they beary secretive. That farm machine looks like an old mower. Tasty treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sandy: An old mower? I will have to check that out. Bigfoot didn't take me to meet his people....you are correct....very secretive. Do you have Ruby Jewell ice cream in Canada? Highly recommended.
    @Droopy: Thanks, I am a lucky fox :)

    ReplyDelete