Thursday, November 5, 2020

A fall adventure

 Greetings Stuffy Pals.

Little Fox here. I am enjoying a nice fall day.  I'm at the Coyote Wall and Catherine Creek area of Washington. So many hiking choices for this little fox to make. 

This rock looks like a good rest.  It's a nice fall day.  This little fox is enjoying the sun.
A secret cave for me to explore.  
The wildflowers are gone but the wild grasses are very soothing to this fox. 
So much for this fox to explore.  Onward.
This looks like a good place to stop and have lunch.  Turkey sandwich and cheese for this little fox.  Dog chow (and some cheese) for Sequoia. 
Finally some fall foliage.  I don't have my botanist hat with me but I am guessing these are Oregon White Oak.  
The Oregon White Oak is also known as the Garry Oak in Canada.  Apparently, the Garry Oak is found on Vancouver Island. I wonder if Sandy has seen any of those oaks in his neighborhood. 
This fox had a small adventure because I was busy at home working on my Halloween Costume for Jerry and Ben's contest. 















4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! All our snow has melted...but never fear, it will be back (ugh).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and Jerry wanted to ask: "iz there any of that halloween cake left???"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little fall adventure. Yes, we have Garry Oak up here - a cute little ecosystem. Any snacks on this hike?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ J and B. I would be worried if you don't have snow this year. Sigh, the cake lasted two nights and the extra cookies lasted another day. It was worth it.
    \@ Sandy. Snacks, well yes. A snack on the way up to the destination, a nice little lunch, and snack on the ride home.

    ReplyDelete