Thursday, July 8, 2021

Bachelor Mountain and Suttle Lake Adventure.

Little Fox here.  I am enjoying some time on Bachelor Mountain in the Central Oregon Cascades.  Over in the distance is Mt. Jefferson 
Yep. snow in this picture.  Way over there is Mt. Washington.
A few mountain wildflowers. 

The one and only beargrass plant I saw today.


A short hike to Bachelor Mountain so that means I can do something else.  I decided to coerce my roommates to stop at Suttle Lake Lodge. It started as a small lodge in the 1920s, then expanded during the 30s and once again in the 40s.  


The main lodge is fancy smancy.  Bear totem poles, racoon totem poles, where is the fox one? 

Drunk Fox would approve of this wine cellar. 
Oh yeah, probably should have a photo of the lake.  Yep, it's a nice one. 

Ah, what a day. I might have even worn out Sequoia.  
Nah, he's got energy galore. 



















 

4 comments: