Thursday, November 13, 2014

Covert Operations parte dos.....

My roommates went out for a while today so I decided to so some more snooping today and my friend Little Bear decided to help out.  Apparently, Little Bears are good at snooping around the house.

We found this bag of adult dog food in the closet.  That's weird, none of the stuffies eat dog food, ugh.  I wonder if my roommates are planning on changing my diet.  If so, I think a strike might be in effect.  Let's see what else we can find.


Oh my goodness, what is this?  A cage?  Is this for us stuffies? I am NOT liking where this is going AT All.  *note* a certain little fox just put his paws on his hips and started mumbling "strike, strike".  

Spot Magazine?  That dog looks beary scary.


Little Bear and I went to the computer and saw a website that my roommates must have left up online.  It looks like a website from Baja California.

I better read this......in  a nutshell it says that in Baja California the street dog population is out of control.  Most female street dogs are pregnant, some dogs are starting, many are infested with ticks and mange (us foxes get mange too, ugh it sucks).  It also said there are 10,000 stray dogs starving, abused (ugh) and neglected.  That is terrible news.  In fact Little bear was so moved he got our his credit card and made a donation.  For every dollar he spends he gets 10% back in Salmon rewards.

Then all of a sudden a loud burst came through the door and guess what?  A well behaved dog came on his leash through the door.  My roommates told me to be nice to our next Mexican street dog.  His name was Canella (Spanish for Cinnamon) but his new name is Sequoia (like the National park).  He is from Baja Mexico, the rescue group found him living at the garbage dump, they got him his shots, fed him some good food and brought him to Oregon to live with me (and I guess my roommates).
Reindeer decided to join us for the family picture as well.
Hmm, I wonder if he likes to hike?

13 comments:

  1. OH!!! Hello Sequoia!!! I hope he gets on with foxes and bears and doesn't try to chew you up. I heard that doggies are very good walkers too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the note Beanie, yes Sequoia does like to chew. My roommates are being very careful with us stuffies around him.

      By the way, did you know yesterday was national mouse and rat day. I had some cheese in your honor.

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a nice dog! Sequoia looks very sweet...make sure though that stuffies are not consider, a...ahem.., chew toys for Sequoia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that has been a concern around the house (at least for us stuffies). We used to sit on the front sofa in the family room and now that we have this dog we are stuck in the spare bedroom. My roommates say that we have to be safe until Sequoia learns what are his toys and what are not his toys. Among the stuffy community at our place we are not happy about that....strike????

      Delete
    2. Well, at the same time...you are gaining a new friend, and Sequoia will be a good watch dog! We think we'd only strike if our honey supply got cut off...or maybe our cookie supply....or maybe our hot chocolate supply....speaking of which, it's time for a snack.

      Delete
  3. Sequoia looks so beary happy to have a loving home! I'm sure you will give him a beary warm welcome. Like Jerry and Ben said, just be careful he doesn't chew on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, chewing on us is a big concern. I am going to see if I can go to the obedience classes with my roommates to make sure Sequoia learns his manner and what items are toys and what items are NOT chew toys :)

      Delete
  4. Oh! That is so nice to give that dig a cosy home! I'm sure he'll get used to being carefull with his little roommates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you are right, hamsters know everything.

      Delete
  5. That is so nice to save one of those dump dogs. Sequoia is beary lucky!! I'm sure things will work out as he learns what toys are OK to play with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is still learning but he starts obedience training tonight. I hope my roommates don't send us stuffies to obedience training as well.

      Delete
  6. Are you going to learn Spanish or is Sequoia going to learn English? Or both?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we'll compromise and learn spanglish. You know English with a Spanish accent.

    ReplyDelete