Thursday, March 8, 2018

Little Fox Archeologist

Hello Gang, it is I, Little Fox Archeologist here.  I got a message from the museum to look for a buried treasure near a pink flag on the Oregon Coast.  No other clues.  I will see what I can do.

All good archeology adventures start with a hike.  My question is which way do you think I should go?  I don't have much to work on except for the pink flag clues.
Unfortunately, this sign has no information on it.  I guess I will go right. 
These little yellow flowers are a good sign.  I am not sure what they are but it's a signal that Spring is near. 
I have a nice view of Lincoln City and Devils Lake.  No pink flags yet so I guess I should continue.
The trail is in great condition.
There are a couple of meadows but no pink flags. 
I found one.  Yes!  You have to look hard.
Shoot, another one.  This could be trickier than I thought. 
I found a total of 8 pink flags.  I wonder if should do some more research before I bring a crew in here to dig. 

Well, the weather is great today so let's continue the hike.  This area is the salmon river, yes salmon river.  I wonder how to get there?
I need a break.  This place looks good for lunch. 
So much to explore. 
The area on top of the hill is called God's Thumb.  That is the destination. 
It's steep on God's Thumb.
Time to head back home.  
Let's recap: I found 8 pink flags and have a good idea of where the treasure might be.  We'll have to explore this area further before I report back to the museum staff. 












8 comments:

  1. Jerry says, "um....what was for lunch??"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question Jerry. It was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich - drunk fox usually packs my lunch.

      Delete
    2. That is always a yummy lunch....but, what kind of jelly???

      Delete
  2. Yeah.. what was for lunch? That's a beary good question. Hopefully salmon was involved.

    God's Thumb... where are God's other fingers...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question, I might have to do some research on God's fingers. We were near the salmon river but no salmon for me. PB&J, drunk fox fixed my lunch today.

      Delete
  3. Where's your Indiana Jones hat? I thought your roommates gave you a present of the proper archaeological gear...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question. Well, the gear was cool, but homemade, and it didn't really fit too well so it mainly stays at home.

      Delete
  4. OMB... oh my bear... are you telling me I am this far behind in commenting? I need a lawyer... going to write a disciplinary action against my sekrebeary. Ugh. Cool adventure by the way!

    ReplyDelete