Thursday, March 29, 2018

Lfox, citizen archeologist part 2

Another beautiful day at the beach.   I had to give up my mission of digging for archeological treasures near the pink flags I was searching for last time.  Instead I took a walk on the beach with Sequoia and did some exploring.
Sequoia loves the beach!  He comes from Baja California and I assume he spent lots of time on the beach as a stray before coming up north. 
As I explored the beach with Sequoia I noticed something different this time. 
I kept finding these painted rocks.  As an archeologist I had to explore more.
What an odd place for a painted rock. I best ponder what these rocks symbolize.
Here's another one.  As  you can see Sequoia is less than thrilled to learn about the painted rocks.  Interesting that this ancient painted rock is situated on a water fountain.  
Another one on the bench.  How did these stand the test of time?
So many questions about the painted rocks - off to my study at home to conduct further research.
Little Fox, citizen archaeologist signing out. 







5 comments:

  1. Wow, painted rocks! Those look almost like Easter eggs, they're so brilliantly painted...Nice find, LF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - they do look like Easter eggs - good catch.

      Delete
  2. We bet Sequoia had a great time running along that beach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh geez... I am so behind on commenting on blogs. Should I fire my sekrebeary? Sigh... nice rocks by the way. Rose would do something like that...

    ReplyDelete