Thursday, March 22, 2018

Help! AKA a recipe contest for Stuffies

Hello Friends!
Little Fox here.   I am in a quandary. Please help!!!!!

My new friends Wolfy and Red are coming over and I have no idea what to serve them.  Red and Wolfy are new to the house and I want to be hospitable to them.  I asked around and Drunk Fox was no help.  He suggested making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  I think I will pass on that.
Little Bear suggested serving hot chocolate.  I think I need something more complex than hot chocolate.

My first guest is Wolfy.  Being a wolf he eats ANYTHING.   Wolfy spent most of his life exploring his two passions.  Wandering the woods of Oregon with his pack and working for the WWF (not the wrestling organization from the 80s and 90s) but the World Wildlife Foundation.   He has decided to slow down and heard that he could retire at my roommates place and he is excited to start this new chapter in his life.
My other friend is named Red and Red is a Black Rabbit.  He is one of the few meat eating rabbits I know.  

Red is from a winery in Oregon and has his own wine (it's called Black Rabbit Red).
Besides a winery at McMenamins Edgefield they also have a fancy restaurant there called Black Rabbit.   It has two $$ on yelp so it’s fancy and expensive,
I think I need to step up my game in the kitchen if Red is coming over.

Little Bear and Drunk Fox really want this dinner to be successful so they have offered prizes and told me to make it a contest.  So, what are the rules?  Well, there are no rules (except one recipe per stuffy).   The last contest my roommates were cooking for months (but were well fed).

Argh!  I need some help.  Stuffy friends can you send me your favorite recipe my way for my dinner.  

Thanks for submitting a recipe.  Be sure to keep an eye on the blog for your recipe cooked by me for my friends Wolfy and Red (OK, Little Bear and Drunk Fox will be joining us as well).  

Oh, by the way there is an extra prize category if any stuffy can find a decent recipe that involves the Diet Hot Chocolate that Little Bear brought with hm.


The last day for submission is April 25 .  Feel free to post the recipes in the comments or send them to me at lfox97123@gmail.com

10 comments:

  1. Ben has a beary easy suggezhtion: Ben's Easy Cocktail Meatballs (always a hit).

    1 lb lean ground beef (Ben has also tried using 1/2 ground turkey and 1/2 beef combo, for a bit more heathy option)
    1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
    1/3 cup minced onion
    1/4 cup skim milk
    1 large egg
    1 Tblsp chopped parsley
    1 bottle (12 oz) chili sauce
    1 jar (100 grams) grape jelly

    Mix meat, crumbs, onion, milk, egg and parsley. Form into 1-inch meatballs. Brown meatballs; turn each a time or two to ensure browning on most sides. In the meantime, heat chili and jelly over low heat until jelly is melted; mix well. Add cooked meatballs to liquid and simmer for approximately 30 minutes. Recipe can be doubled or tripled. Jerry says "They are SUPER yummy!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing Ben. Jerry are you going to send a recipe too? I bet you could step up to the challenge of working with the diet hot chocolate and finding a good recipe to make with it.

      Delete
    2. Jerry is the official food taster, he likes to taste more than cook or bake...

      Delete
  2. Our favourite soup recipe (really good for cold weather) is: two yellow onions, one stick celery, one large carrot, 5 or 6 on-the-vine tomatoes, salt & pepper, garlic to taste, vegetable stock (we use Knorr stock pot, if you can get that) Chop up the onions, celery & carrot. Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a big pan (it needs to hold 1.2 litres water) and fry up the chopped veggies (with the lid on). Cut the tomatoes in half & when the veggies are soft, put them in the pan as well (with the lid on) for about 5 mins till soft ish. Add in salt, pepper, garlic. Pour in 1.2 litres water & add veggie stock. Simmer for about 40 mins. Take off heat and blast it with a handheld blender gizmo so it's a thick soup. Tastes good with grated cheddar cheese on top, and basil. Serves about 6 big portions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That version gives you a sweet soup. If you use two purple onions, you get a tangy soup. One yellow and one purple onion, you're in the middle of sweet/tangy!!

      Delete
    2. Yum, I love a good soup. Especially one topped with grated cheddar. THanks BEanie.

      Delete
    3. Oh gosh that does sound yummy, and since we STILL have some snow, this will be perfect for this weekend.

      Delete
  3. This is going to be a very drool-worthy post....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! I will have to think of a recipe to submit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too... I've got a few days to come up with a good one.

    ReplyDelete