Thursday, August 2, 2018

Hiking with a reward

They say hiking is reward in itself.  True, but snacks and cookies sure make the hike great.  It's 90 degrees today and humid so the natural thing for a little fox to do is go hiking.
The scenery at the Great Smoky National Park is amazing.  The green really highlights my fur, don't you think?  About two miles up the trail I stopped at Alum Cave.  It's beary scenic but there is more to explore.
My goal is to get to Mt. LeConte, one of the highest mountains in the park.  As I hike higher up the weather changes . Don't worry, I am an adaptable fox.
I can see why they made this area a national park. 
At the very top of the trail was our lunch location.  Apparently, wild azaleas grow like crazy at this elevation.  I think I am little late for the full show but as you can there are a few azaleas still out.  Enough talk, let's eat lunch. 
After lunch I decided to hike down to the lodge.  My roommates mentioned that they sell hot chocolate at the lodge.  Yes, it's 90 degrees and humid but how often do you get hot chocolate in the middle of a hike?
Well, here's the lodge. Where's the hot chocolate?  The accommodations look a tad rustic but well kept.

Do any of you llamas know where the hot chocolate stand is?  
Aha! I better go to the dining room.
Yipee!  I found the hot chocolate stand. I left my pocketbook at home but my roommates stepped up to the plate and bought me a cup. 
Time for a break.  Perhaps I can catch a ride down the hill with the llamas?













4 comments:

  1. Nice photos. I could tell you were a fox on a mission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I was on a mission that day . I really wanted that Hot Chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hot chocolate, when it's 90 degree? we think your seKretary is crazy, we'd demand mocha frappuccino with little cookies. We stuffies have to be tough with the seKretaries sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hot chocolate on a hot day? Hmm. I'd prefer chocolate ice cream!

    ReplyDelete