Thursday, August 16, 2018

Kentucky Adventures

Hi Gang,
Little Fox here.  After hiking 36 miles my roommates told me my next adventure involved exploring the great state of Kentucky.  I don't know much about the state except they are known for their fried chicken.
Speaking of Colonel Sanders apparently he didn't start out his career in the fried chicken business.  During the 40s he had a restaurant and a motel in Corbin, KY.

According to this sign, this location is the birthplace of a legend.  I will say that the colonel does fry up a good piece of chicken.
 Here's an overview of the motel and the cafe.

 Inside the museum they had all sorts of displays (and a KFC franchise in case you get hungry).  If I can find any money in this cash register I will treat my roommates to dinner.
 Colonel Sanders is looking relaxed. 
 Wow, the prices have gone up in the last 40 years. 
 Fancy silverware and recipes cards highlight this showcase.
 Colonel Sanders was a good cook and his food was known all over town.  This is a sample of the kitchen where he worked and maybe even developed his famous chicken.



 It was a great museum but it's time to leave the museum and head north to Ohio.

 Which state am I in now?
 I decided to stay in Kentucky for a while and visit a distillery.  Kentucky is known for it's bourbon and other distilled beverages.  This is an urban distillery so they are able to produce lots of different beverages in town.  First bottles are gin.
Something called Rye Mash

 The distillery is located right next to a big liquor store.  Location is everything.

 Fun flavors of alcohol.  I want a sample of the prickly pear please.
 Little fox, big bottle of alcohol.
A great trip to Kentucky.  So much to do and so much to see this little fox is tired.  No, I doubt my tiredness involves the large amount of fried chicken and alcohol I consumed today.


8 comments:

  1. Were there samples at the KFC place? (Jerry wanted to know)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say you had a bit more of your butt in Ohio than in Kentucky... That sounds like a cool hiking trip - was it on the Appalachian Trail? Or is there another trail?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great hiking trip! Some parts on the AT but mainly on other trails. It was a cool park.

      Delete
  3. Now I want some KFC. Time to go bug my human....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you figure out the 11 herbs and spices be sure to let us know .

      Delete
  4. Are you sure that it is Jerry who wants to know??????? I wish there were free samples, unfortunately you had to pay for the food. Thankfully, my sekrebeary took care of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you get a big bucket of chicken? And do you prefer drumsticks or wings?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great question Ajdin. Drunsticks are the way to go!

    ReplyDelete