Thursday, August 9, 2018

Waterfalls

The Great Smoky Mountains has lots of mountains to explore but there are also lots of waterfalls, historic sites, and a few restaurants to explore too.
There are a few bears at my lodging and they gave me some tips of places to visit.

Any good national park trip starts at the visitors center.
At the visitors center I learned that there are bears in the park.  
I should probably watch out for bears on this trail.  
The falls are beary pretty. 
After Laurel Falls it's time for me to see another falls.  Abram Falls in the park is a great place. It was a good hike to the falls and if I might say so myself a good place for lunch.
After the waterfalls I decided to explore other historic sites.  At Cades Cove, they have a historic mill, old buildings, and a settlement.
Millstones for grinding corn into cornmeal.
Water provides the energy for the mills. 

Amazing how a nice peaceful river can power all of these mills and machinery.
Time to explore the city.  There are bears everywhere here.  I love it.

A great museum.  Over 20,000 salt and pepper shakers on display. 
 This is overwhelming.
Who is this handsome fella?
All of this exploring takes a toll on a fox. Perhaps a light snack might help me out.

A little pancake ought to tide me over. 

















9 comments:

  1. DO NOT APPROACH THE BEARS.
    Unless you have honey or salmon. Then feel free to approach me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - nice waterfalls! I agree with Adjin and J&B... Were there any fox salt & pepper shakers? They might really enhance the look of your cooking adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had lots of dog ones, sigh no fox ones.

      Delete
    2. Time for a fox strike I think! Or maybe you could donate a pair to the museum, to complete their collection.

      Delete
  3. Is that a world record for number of salt and pepper shakers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There could be.....if so this museum is in the running. They had 20,000 shakers in their complex.

      Delete