Thursday, January 10, 2019

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween everyone!  Yes, I know it's December 20th (did I mention my roommates are really far behind on the blog).  Ugh.  No Christmas bonus for them.
I'm at the beach this weekend staying in this hotel called McMenamins Gearheart Hotel.  Being the beach in October, it's pretty quiet around the hotel.
Each room has a theme.  Mine was golf which is appropriate being that they have a golf course here.
Time to explore the hotel.  I wanted to get outside before it rained.  As you can see the clouds are coming in. 
Back inside.  Lots of cool art. 
A couple of old menus.  They have a martini for $0.35.  At those prices who can say no?
 Australian lobster for $3.25 and steak for $3.50.  I might as well have the surft and turf.
Being that it was close to Halloween there were lots of characters around the hotel too.  I met these guys while having dinner. 
The next day the weather cleared and allowed me to get to the beach.   There were a ton of birds just hanging out on the beach.  Sequoia stayed at home with the dog sitter but one of his hobbies is chasing birds and I bet he would have loved this. 
Man, there were a lot of birds that day. 
This fox is tired.  A Halloween party is on the schedule tonight.  I better rest while I can.









3 comments:

  1. Halloween? December 20? Sounds like your sekretary needs a talking to as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the truth. Afraid to fire him since you have had such a hard time finding a decent replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness... I saw that post go by in my feed and I thought it was like a Blogger quirk or something. I know how you feel though... have had plenty of those much delayed posts go by. Agree with you though... given Ajdin's difficulty... not sure firing a sekrebeary is such a wise move at this point.

    ReplyDelete