Thursday, January 3, 2019

Announcing the winners!!!

First of all.  To my fellow stuffies in the United States I want to wish you a happy Thanksgiving today.

Once again, thank you to all who participated in my recipe contest.  Although, I must say I am the true winner as I got to taste and eat all of the amazing creations.
Odie is telling me that if there was an award for dragging out a recipe contest I would win.  Odie seems so friendly, but he has a biting wit.  

Anyway, in the category of heart healthy eating we have the delicious and flavorful soup from Beanie and crew.  The soup recipe gave me a shot to practice my knife skills. 
Wolfy helped out. 
Beanie suggested adding some cheddar cheese.  The soup was great on it's own but the little bit of cheddar really made it shine. 

The next category is best meal for a pescatarian.  This salmon recipe came from a bear (go figure).  Ajdin  and company presented me with a very good recipe for honey glazed salmon.  
Creating the recipe took some time and high quality ingredients. 
However, the wait was worth it!
Thanks Ajdin and company.  You'll notice none of my stuffy friends in the final picture, the salmon was so good I didn't share.  Is that wrong?

The final award is for a meal fit for a demanding crowd.  As we know, us stuffies have very high standards and demand excellence from our sekrebearies.  If our high standards aren't met (hence Ajdin firing his sekrebeary before the holidays).  This recipe comes from the kitchen of chef Ben and professional taster Jerry and it's suited for the high culinary expectations of us stuffies. These two nice stuffies shared their meatball recipe with me.
Anytime you start with frying up a meatball in a pan then finishing in a sauce works for me.   This recipe also gets an honorable mention for the most versatile.   You can have the meatballs in a sandwich, leave the sauce off and have them in spaghetti, or do as J and B recommended cooking them in a mix of chili sauce and grape jelly for a satisfying appetizer.
Amazing how food brings out the crowd (now you see why I didn't share my salmon).

Thanks Jerry and Ben, Beanie, and Ajdin for the great recipes.  There are prizes coming in the mail keep your sekrebearies on the lookout.








9 comments:

  1. HURRAAAAAYYYYY!!! WE GET PRIZES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love prizes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the real prize by getting to eat all the good food.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to the winners! Everything looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything was delicious. It's a tough job hosting the contest but somneone has to do it.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Thanks for hosting this contest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! Thanks for hosting the contest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, thanks for the awesome recipe

      Delete