Thursday, December 5, 2019

Colorado Adventure 3.

Little Fox here.  You are probably wondering why there are no hiking blogs on this trip to Colorado, well blog pals that's about to change.  

Perhaps you can guess where I am going?  Yep, Linkins Lake.  I am very near the Continental Divide.  The weather is great.  The mountains are beautiful and the elevation change isn't bothering this fox at all (elevation is about 10,500 ft. or so).
Not a bad view from the trail. 
A little snow still left on the hills.  Not bad for August (yep, this blog is a tad post dated). 
Whatever the blue flower is I want them in my garden. 
I am getting close to the lake.  Looks nice doesn't it?
Whew. Hiking is hard work. I might sit down and enjoy the view for a few minutes.
Time for lunch.
These chips are really really good. 
This probably isn't the safest place in the world to take a nap but this fox is tired.
A nice refreshing stream along the way.  I would like to explore more but I have a destination to get to.  It's over Independence Pass, then off to Leadville Colorado (the two mile high city aka the highest city in the United States and one heck of a superfund cleanup site in the 1980s).
Ahhh. Time for bed.  This fox needs some sleep.  I hope this bed is big enough for me. 













3 comments:

  1. That was a great hike - so pretty up in the alpine. And you got chips for snacks - nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful hike and views! I was in the same exact spot by the Independence Pass sign over the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Sandy - that whole area is amazing. Rivals the Canadian Rockies in it's scenery.
    @ Ajdin: Small worlds. Did you make it to Aspen or Carbondale (that is the side of hte mountain we stayed at). Colorado is the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete