Thursday, December 12, 2019

Colorado adventure #4

Little Fox hanging out in Leadville Colorado. Elevation in town is 10,151 feet.  After a little research I realized some of the superfund site actually is IN town.  Guess I better have some beer instead of water for my beverage tonight.  You know on reflection I should really stop hiring drunk fox as my travel agent.
Leadville is really a neat town.  A cool main street.  A historic mining district.  Actually I am staying at a B&B that was built in 1890.  It's restored but it's cool to be in this old Victorian mansion. 
The buildings are old but are in really good shape.  The landscaping is amazing. 
I also met some friends.
But enough about Leadville.  I am off to hike in the Mount Massive area.  Mount Massive is really big and it's the second tallest mountain in Colorado. 
Wildflowers are out.
This meadow is so much better in person than pictures.
This fox needs to move to Colorado. 
So much to see.
The lake is my destination.  
One of the coolest things about this hike is that it is about 20 minutes from my Victorian Mansion B&B so now that I am done hiking I can explore town in even more depth.
There is an old opera house that offers tours (with tour guides in costume none the less).  Seems perfect for me (except of course they don't allow pictures inside) but trust me the opera house was amazing.
Perhaps it's time for dinner.  This place looks cool and it was recommended by Drunk Fox.


What? They only serve food during lunch? The bar is open all night though.  You would think that I would have learned my lesson about hiring Drunk Fox as my travel agent.







4 comments:

  1. Yeah, this seems like Drunk Fox's dream itinerary. Love those bear statues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drunk Fox knows what he likes. The bears are cool aren't they (a tad expensive for this fox).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! I presume they mined lead in Leadville? I wonder if there is a Goldville somewhere out there.

    ReplyDelete