Thursday, March 5, 2020

Where is Drunk Fox?

 Last week the other stuffies and I agreed that we need to have an intervention for Drunk Fox and I drew the short straw of trying to find him and bring him back home for his intervention.
My first stop was at Starbucks.  Drunk Fox likes a good cup of coffee.
While waiting for Drunk Fox to show up I decided to treat myself with a nice hot chocolate 
No Drunk Fox at Starbucks.  Next stop was a garden in the city (actually a garden at a local hospital). It's a wildlife habitat and it seems like a relaxing place for Drunk Fox to hang out. 

It's beary pleasant at the garden but my mission is to find Drunk Fox so I'm off on my adventure.  
Nope. No Drunk Fox at Ben and Jerry's (not to be confused with Jerry and Ben).  Should I stop in for an ice cream cone? 
As I was leaving Ben and Jerry's I saw a place advertising a salmon bento.  They also have a prawn one.  Tempting, but this fox has a mission. 
.
Drunk Fox apparently isn't a soccer fan.  He wasn't at Providence Park, home of the Portland Timbers. 

Nope, not here either. 
Well, we all know Drunk Fox has had some trouble with the bottle.  I better check this tap room. 

No Drunk Fox here.   

I thought I better check out another Starbucks (there sure are a lot of them in Portland).
No Drunk Fox but I must admit I like the new holiday fox mug.  I might need to get me one of these. 

I wandered into the grocery store (for a healthy snack for me) and figured I better check out the beer section.  No Drunk Fox here, but there are lots of choices to drink.
This beer has a giraffe in space. I might need to try this one based on the packaging alone.  
Umm, I better check a few more sections of the beer aisle.  
Nope, no Drunk Fox here. Man he's an elusive fox isn't he?
The store actually had a bar in it.Prices were pretty cheap too.
I didn't see Drunk Fox in the grocery store bar but there were lots and lots of people in the grocery store bar. 

Way far in the distance is Union Station.  It's the train station.  I best check to see if Drunk Fox is hanging out near the tracks.
Amtrak Cascades.  This train is heading up to Seattle in a few minutes. I talked to the conductor and he didn't see Drunk Fox in line to board the train.
Union Station has a viewing platform of sorts.
My research tells me that this train (the silver one) is headed south to California. It doesn't leave till night so I will have to come back to see if Drunk Fox is on it. 
Only three passenger trains leave out of Portland so I  think I better continue on my journey to find Drunk Fox.

Another grocery store. New Seasons, they claim to be the Friendliest Store in Town.  I checked it out, they were pretty friendly and were offering free cake samples.  They win my vote. 
All of this exploring is making me hungry.  I better get some lunch. 

 I decided to get a chicken cheesesteak sandwich with a side of enchilada soup. 


It was a good choice.  Now that I have more energy I should check out one  last stop before heading home.

Nope. No Drunk Fox in here.  

after an exhaustive search I found  Drunk Fox talking to his buddy Kermit. They were just hanging out, talking about showbiz, the best chicken restaurants in town, and what they were planning on doing this weekend.  Who would have guessed that if I looked on the couch I would have found Drunk Fox so easily.
I butted in and told Drunk Fox he needed an intervention.  He was confused and wanted to know why.  I grabbed his paw, led him to the circle of stuffies and the intervention begins................

6 comments:

  1. That is one tricky fox to track down. And quite the roaming tour of the city - you must have sore paw pads...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I fortified myself with a good lunch.

      Delete
  2. Kermit seems to be having a good time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the intervention...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huh... those were the days when one could still sit down in a Starbucks and have something to eat or drink! How times have changed in a few short weeks.

    ReplyDelete