Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Search for the statue. A LF archaeologist exploration.

***Note:  This post was written/created before the stay at home order put in effect.  Please note, Little Fox is following all laws regarding stay at home orders (and all other laws as well)**

Little Fox amateur archaeologist here. Today, I am off to explore the beach on the Pacific Ocean near Lincoln City in the hopes that I can find an ancient stone statue.
The US Coast Guard is out today patrolling the ocean.  Semper Paratus is the motto for the US Coast Guard.  Latin for always prepared (thank goodness for that).  
I have to admit I am fond of the colors of the US Coast Guard.  They really have a knack for picking good colors on their helicopters.



Not bad weather today. Off in the distance if God's Thumb.  Last time this archaeologist explored the area it was super muddy.  
Sequoia decided to join me today on my adventure.  He loves the beach. 
The tides must have been perfect. I think I found the lost statue. 
I wonder what ancient civilization was trying to convene when they build the sculpture.  Was it an homage to the gods?  A way for ancient civilization children to spend time?  Who knows? 
I documented the sculpture and location for the museum.  After that my trusty companion and I got a bowl of clam chowder and some oyster crackers. 


After our adventure we needed a good nap. 

What's next for Little Fox archaeologist?  Only time will tell. 







5 comments:

  1. Just oyster and crackers? No beer or wine? You look a little tipsy in your nap pose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pint or two of beer. Whose counting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures of you on the beach look great! Congrats on your archaeological find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool find. Sequoia is always up for a fun adventure!

    ReplyDelete