Thursday, April 2, 2020

Little Fox earns a day trip as a reward for his supervision skills

Greetings Blog Pals,
Little Fox here.  As you may remember I worked hard last week building some Ikea furniture.  As a reward for my supervision skills my roommates took me on a daytrip that included a nice scavenger hunt.

My adventure takes me to the Hotel Oregon in Downtown McMinnville Oregon.  As I enter the lobby I noticed this cool art deco light.  I might have keep this picture in my file archives if Sandy has another art deco contest.  This lamp came from an old church in Coos Bay, Oregon.
Here is my clue. I need to find Ruby tiptoeing south for the winter.  Ruby is one of beers that Mcmenamins brews across the Northwest (in fact they have been doing it since 1986).  It's made from raspberries and other things that go into beer (hops, yeast etc) and it's really good.  
Off to look at some art.  This picture caught my eye.  The rabbit in the far right looks really scared (probably because his pal is being abducted by a UFO). 
Onward.  I know this picture doesn't match the hunt but the squirrel wearing a hard hat mining nuts is pretty darn cool. 
On my adventure I made it to the rooftop bar.  Some rain today but looking westward the weather seems okay.   Ruby is not hanging out up here.  Time to move on. 

Onward....
This bear is really protecting his grub. 
The Hotel Oregon originally opened as the Hotel Elberton (1905) and the Elberton Grill opened in 1920.  Why is there a picture of a bear for the hotel?  Probably because bears are cool. 

Hmm, this person seems to be tiptoeing.  Could it be Ruby?
Yes, it is.  Yipee! Ruby sure seems to be tiptoeing and I made my roommates check the compass on their phones and she is facing south.
Time to celebrate my success.  Follow me gang back to that rooftop bar.
  Nope, no Ruby ale for me, instead I got the "Terminator Stout".  Terminator has been around since 1985.  






10 comments:

  1. Is this an older adventure you're just posting now, or are you venturing outside? Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the card.....it arrived yesterday

      Delete
    2. The Easter one? It's a little early, I know

      Delete
    3. That's okay, if you are like me you have PLENTY of extra time around the house.

      Delete
  2. This is an older one.....my current adventure are all home based....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. I too was wondering if you were going out and about but I see you are a good fox. How is the garden coming?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The raised beds are ready, time to plant some seeds (actually the weather is supposed to be good on Sunday, perhaps that is what I will end up doing).

      Delete
    2. Our Sunday is shaping up good too - it is actually warm out there...

      Delete
  4. Great outing! Make your humans stay home now though!

    ReplyDelete