Thursday, July 23, 2020

Ace's stuffy class.

Hello Blog World.  My name is Ace.  Am I an aardvark?  Am I an apprentice to the Easter Bunny?  So many questions to answer but none will be dealt with today.  My name is Ace and yes during springtime I do help the Easter Bunny and sometimes I think I am the Easter Bunny.

Being that today is July 23rd my mind is not on Easter but on teaching you the fancy art of hose repair. 
 
When it's time for small projects around the house the humans and other stuffies call on me to fix them (unless the project is near Easter then the humans have to do it themselves).  Today's project involves fixing a hose that is leaking at the end. Originally I tried putting a new washer in the nozzle that connects to the end of the hose but it still leaked so time to move to plan "B".

First things first.  Get tools organized.  This is an easy fix.  You will need a replacement part and a screwdriver.  Also a pair of scissors. 
Since I am working on the hose I will take my project outside.  Here's the old thingy that is broken.  Next step is to cut the hose and toss the end the garbage. 
Now that the bad end is in the garbage time to put the new replacement end in the hose.  
The replacement part is tight in the end of the hose.  Almost done...
The replacement part comes with a metal clamp. Take your handy-dandy screwdriver and tighten the clamp.  I recommend tightening it as best you can......the tighter the clamp the fewer the leaks. 
The nozzle is a couple years old.  I decided to pull out the old gasket and toss it.  
I put a new gasket in the nozzle and pushed it in there tight with the back end of the screwdriver.  
Final step:  Call the humans over to test your work.  As we probably know wet stuffy fur is not ideals so if your hose repair job didn't go as planned better to have the humans wet vs. the stuffies.

Time for this session of stuffy class to end.  Who is going to be our next guest instructor?  Only time will tell. 

Ace - out


4 comments:

  1. By any chance, are you representing ACE Hardware? Or is that just a naming coincidence? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. No connection to Ace Hardware. I didn't even make that connection till I saw your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent tutorial. We have a few hoses that need repair as well.

    ReplyDelete